Any accustomed blogger over time will accumulate a collection of props, bits and pieces to spruce up and accessorise their blog photography. If you’re a new blogger, or are just changing up your photography game, you may be feeling pretty overwhelmed by seeing all these bright and beautiful flat-lays up and down your feed. Do not worry; you most likely don’t need to go out and buy items, as you may find that many of the things on this list are already lying about your house, or otherwise can be bought for a very small cost!
- Wallpaper samples
You can pick up wallpaper samples for free at your local B&Q or other shops of the like!
- Coloured paper
Overlaying different colours of paper in a geometric pattern adds a pretty pop of colour to single-product photos.
- Wrapping Paper
We’ve all got that box / drawer stuffed with wrapping paper and gift bows!
Travel bloggers; I gotchu!
- Rugs / Other Textiles
Perfect for adding some texture to the image or creating a beautiful contrast, for example, between a wooden floor background and a soft furry rug.
- Marble Backdrop
A blogger favourite! You can pick these up on Amazon for around the £5 mark.
- Plants / Flowers
- Washi Tape
- Stacks of magazines / books
- Your Starbucks cup! (Oh so very Instagram-worthy!)
- Your Laptop or Tablet
- Food! (Some cute wee macarons or your gorgeous smoothie bowl creations)
- Your camera
- Paint swatches (Again, freeeee from B&Q, Homebase etc!)
- Christmas Baubles (Please, not yet though!)
- Make Up Bag
- Gift Bag (I guard my Chanel and Ladurée bags with my life for blog photos!)
- Prints (Support your favourite designers and small business owners with some pretty prints!)
I hope that you found this useful, and if you have any other ideas for perfect blog photography feel free to leave them in the comments to help others!